--
0





If you do nothing else on September 25, 2011 I want you to watch the upcoming episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition. I don't think words could truly express how touched I was to watch First Lady Michelle Obama join forces with Extreme Makeover to honor and support former member of the Navy, Barbara Marshall, a woman who's mission in life is to end homelessness among her fellow female veterans.

As a matter of duty and out of the kindness of her own heart, Barbara turned her home into the Jubilee House giving aid, guidance and support to other women and their children. The home was in desperate need of repairs and of the hundreds of women who seek shelter at Jubilee Barbara only had room for a hand full of families until the Extreme Makeover Team, First Lady Michelle Obama, and countless others came together to turn the Jubilee House into a home for more women in need.

I smiled, I laughed, I cried. As our First Lady stated, "This show shines a light on the best of who we are as a country. We come together. We do join forces." I was literally glued to my seat. The power of Barbara's vision, her ability to do so much for so many with minimal resources, speaks to the strength and innovation that exists with in each and everyone one of us. There is so much to be gained when we give of ourselves so completely and so genuinely.

As you will see when you watch this episode, there were so many levels of giving and so many ways to get something out of watching the compelling stories of these women veterans who have served and continue to serve our country with pride. This is a story of unity, sisterhood, and personal empowerment; all things I strive to share with you. You can change lives. You can turn your visions into a reality, even when you don't see or know how it is going to happen.

I know there is alitle piece of the Marshall Family's story that will forever be with me and I am hoping the same wil be true for you. This episode airs on ABC September 25th. For more details visit the Extreme Makeover Home Edition website.

No Response to "How One Woman Changed Lives: First Lady Michelle Obama On Extreme Makeover"

Related Posts with Thumbnails